2017 Jeep Cherokee Review
The 2017 Jeep Cherokee is everything a dependable, capable, and luxurious SUV should be. It’s powerful and refined. Plus, with that trusted Jeep brand capability and performance, the Cherokee is the perfect car for off-road adventures in Penn Yan, Geneva, Watkins Glen, and Hammondsport.
But, will it be the perfect SUV for you? To find out, check out this 2017 Jeep Cherokee review.
Exceptional Performance Capability
With three available 4×4 systems, the 2017 Jeep Cherokee is more than capable of getting you through the roughest off-road conditions. Here’s a closer look at each 4×4 system available for the Jeep Cherokee.
- Jeep Active Drive I: This advanced drivetrain comes with a rear axle disconnect feature that activates as needed to optimize efficiency. It also includes a Selec-Terrain® Traction Management System with four driver-selectable modes for customizable all-weather capabilities. Jeep Active Drive I also has a standard brake lock differential that ensures a dependable performance in virtually any weather condition.
- Jeep Active Drive II: This available drivetrain adds even more off-road performance capabilities to the 2017 Cherokee. It includes a 4WD Low mode for enhanced low-speed traction and a Neutral mode for available flat towing behind an RV.
- Jeep Active Drive Lock: This drive system includes all the performance features offered for Jeep Active Drive II. However, it also features Selec-Terrain® Traction Management Rock mode, as well as a mechanical rear axle lock, to help you experience an even more dependable performance in rough conditions.
The Jeep Cherokee isn’t just capable, it’s powerful, too. Its standard 2.4L Tigershark MultiAir 2 engine produces 184 horsepower, and its 3.2L Pentastar V6 generates 271 horsepower. Plus, the 2017 Cherokee can tow up to 4,500 pounds when properly equipped.
Within this rugged and capable SUV is a refined interior that exudes luxury and sophistication like no other. With premium materials and an ergonomic design, the Cherokee is style-conscious and carefully crafted to keep you comfortable for the road ahead.
On top of that, the interior of the 2017 Jeep Cherokee is made for convenience. With 54.9 cubic feet of maximum cargo space and up to 103.4 cubic feet of passenger volume, this SUV has more than enough room to fit everyone and everything you need for your next road trip. And if you need even more cargo capacity, the Cherokee comes with 60/40 split folding rear seats and a fold flat passenger seat to extend overall trunk space.
Jeep Cherokee Features & Technologies
As one of the most well-equipped vehicles on the market, the 2017 Jeep Cherokee comes with an array of advanced features and technologies. From heated seats to a heated steering wheel, this SUV is equipped with many comfort features that’ll help you stay cozy during the chilliest days in Penn Yan, Geneva, Watkins Glen, and Hammondsport.
The 2017 Jeep Cherokee also comes with the innovative Uconnect® infotainment system. This has entertainment features, a built-in navigation system, and many more amenities that can add some enjoyment and convenience to your road trips and commutes. It also comes with Uconnect® Access, a suite of remote services that you can access right from your smartphone.
Best of all, the Cherokee offers available accident avoidance systems for your safety and peace of mind. Some of these cutting-edge safety technologies include:
- LaneSense Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist
- Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking
- Blind Spot Monitoring
- ParkSense® Front and Rear Park Assist
- ParkSense® Parallel and Perpendicular Park Assist
Test Drive the 2017 Jeep Cherokee Today!
From daily commutes to off-road adventures, the 2017 Jeep Cherokee is perfect for just about anything! It’s capable, reliable, and well-equipped. If you’d like to learn more about this impressive SUV, head over to Friendly Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram and schedule your test drive today!