Drivers across the Watkins Glen, Geneva, and Penn Yan, NY, areas know that no matter what they want out of an SUV, they can find it in the 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It has loads of standard and optional equipment, outstanding levels of performance, best-in-class off-roading, the potential for a luxurious ride, and of course, some of the best available technology on the market.
Technology matters these days, whether you’re looking for safety or want the best in information and entertainment. The Grand Cherokee puts all of this at your fingertips in style. Learn about the 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee technology features from the team at Friendly Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram (DCJR) and see where you can go to check out these great amenities for yourself.
Comfort Technology for You to Enjoy
Even at the standard level, you get a good suite of tech to keep you comfortable no matter how long you’re behind the wheel of your 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It starts with heated mirrors, so you won’t have to worry in cold weather. On snowy mornings, simply switch on this feature and watch all the ice and frost just melt away, so you can have a clear view of your surroundings.
To really make sure snow days are cozy, you’ll want to add on heated front seats. There’s no need to worry about leaving your kids out in the cold either with available heated second-row seats as well. What’s even better is that ventilated front seats are an option for when the sun is shining again.
Remote key fobs with Keyless Enter ‘n Go™ offers convenience in and out, so you can access your SUV without having to dig through your purse to find your key fob. Once inside, this convenience continues with a Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control. It works to keep you comfortable at all times by providing individual settings for you and your front-seat passenger.
2021 Grand Cherokee Entertainment Technology
One of the most attractive things about the 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee technology offerings is that there’s something for everyone. It all just depends on how you decide to equip the SUV for yourself. Even at the base level, you get an upgraded Uconnect® 4 infotainment system with a 7-inch touchscreen that is home to all of your entertainment features.
This system comes paired with Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay® integration, so you can access some of your favorite entertainment applications. Simply plug your compatible smartphone into the USB port and you’ll be instantly connected to an array of apps, such as your music library, podcast service, and downloaded audiobooks.
No matter what you decide to listen to, it’ll sound crisp and clear, thanks to the six speakers placed all around your SUV’s cabin.
Advanced Tech Options to Take Travels to the Next Level
Looking to step up your entertainment? Luckily, there is a wealth of technology features available in this SUV. The upgraded infotainment system features an 8.4-inch touchscreen with navigation to help you chart a course to unexplored areas. Whether you’re taking a family road trip to a new national park or just checking out a new local eatery, this feature will get you where you need to go.
Of course, those who want the ultimate in entertainment will opt for the 19-speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Audio System to supplement all those infotainment features. However, the 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee doesn’t stop there. It can also be equipped with a Blu-Ray™ rear entertainment system with dual screens for your kids to watch movies or play video games on.
Advanced Protection for Miles to Come
While entertainment and comfort technology are very important, safety is always the top priority. You’ll find that the 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee has plenty of safety technologies to offer you. What you have access to depends on which of the three suites of protection systems you decide to add on.
Coming standard on every single Grand Cherokee is the ProTech I system. For added confidence wherever the road takes you, it includes the following advanced systems:
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path Detection: This scans your side blind zones to alert you when another vehicle is approaching, so you can change lanes or back out of a parking spot with greater peace of mind.
- ParkView® Rear Back Up Camera with dynamic gridlines: Provides a clear view of your rear surroundings while also giving you guides to follow when backing out.
- ParkSense® Rear Park Assist: Measures the distance between your SUV and rear obstacles to alert you when you’re too close. If needed, it applies the brakes to help avoid impact.
ProTech II on the Laredo and the Laredo X
Looking for even more security? When you opt for the Laredo or the Laredo X trim levels, you’ll be treated to ProTech II, which adds on the following:
- Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking: Alerts you when you’re too close to a frontal obstacle, and if needed, applies the brakes to help prevent a forward collision.
- Advanced Brake Assist: Firms up your brakes when a frontal collision seems imminent to aid in increasing your stopping power when it’s most needed.
- LaneSense® Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist: Monitors your driving to alert you to unintentional lane drift. If no action is taken, it can even provide gentle steering corrections to help you stay firmly within your lane.
- Automatic High-Beam Headlamps: Maintains high beams for an enhanced view of the road at night. When another car is approaching, it toggles down to low beams, so no one’s view is affected.
ProTech II on the Higher Trim Levels
Coming standard on the highest trim levels—the High Altitude, the Summit, the SRT, and the Trackhawk—is the next level of ProTech II. It adds to the previous ProTech II with the following features:
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go: Maintains a set following speed and distance between your SUV and the car ahead. As traffic slow, accelerates, and stops, so will your Grand Cherokee.
- Parallel and Perpendicular Park Assist: Intelligently steers your vehicle into parking spots for you, all you need to do is change gears.
- Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers: Detects precipitation, and then automatically turns on, so you can have an unobstructed view.
If you want, you can also add this safety package to the Limited, the Trailhawk, and the Overland trims.
See the 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee in Action Today!
The 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee technology offers just about everything you could want from a midsize sport utility vehicle. Learn more about what this SUV has to offer at our dealership today.
If you’d like to check out these features and options for yourself in the areas of Penn Yan, Watkins Glen, or Geneva, New York, Friendly DCJR can help. Just stop by our showroom or contact our team and ask about getting behind the wheel for a test drive.